Letter forms

So far, I have skipped putting the & character in any of my translations (is it for keyboard shortcuts?)
The reason is that I often need to put it in the middle of a word, and putting it will make me lose the "maktoo3" form of the arabic letter. I don't think the system will change it later to correct that, so I want to know if you have any way, similar to the one mentioned by Elzubair in his last e-mail, for changing letter forms in vim. Since Nadim is working on hacking vim, I think he should know if he has added such a feature, or maybe he could add it later. If anybody knows that the feature exists (I don't think it does, because all the translations I've seen don't have it), please let me know, so that I start adding my missing &'s.
-Waseem