Re: Yudit and KDE translation

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:53:36 +0200
 "Isam Bayazidi" <bayazidi at accessme dot com> wrote:

> Salam ..
>         I noticed that some of the files turn out to be full of mistakes ..
> and it seems that the cause is that some of you are using Yudit ..
> Yudit is a nice text editor that supports arabic under linux .. BUT it has
> some problems, for example it uses special characters to manage
> Bi-Directional text .. these special characters are not in Unicode or UTF-8
> .. so it turns out that Yudit can't make a 100% Unicode arabic/english
> compatable text .. SO it can't be used for the translations ..

Keep in mind that Yudit's Arabic support is still in Beta meaning people
should NOT use it for any serious work until its fully released and tested
throughly.

M.Elzubeir will hopefully contact Yudit's author for possible fixes since
this editor seems SO promising (hopefully, more later); and apologies from
all of us about jumping the gun and pre-announcing non-tested applications
(we're all just WAY too excited about the recent progress :-)