[almuhairi at softhome dot net: & problem]

----- Forwarded message from Abdulla <almuhairi at softhome dot net> -----

Hi all I am having a little problem with translating things that contain
&.  Example:
'split &Vertical'
do I translate it to 'Eqsem &2modeyan'
or '2amodeyan &Eqsem'
I am worried because it seems that the & char is related to the
programing of KDE.  Also.  I have seen things like: O&pen with, or
C&omment.  Can I correct the English string ( to &Open with, &Comment)
and translate it afterwords?  To me these seem like typo's but I may be
wrong.

----- End forwarded message -----

Adbulla had this question.. which I am forwarding to the doc list.

To answer your question, the '&' should go before the characters that you
would use to access a menu item. Best demonstrated with an example:

When you press alt-F for 'File' menu, the & sign comes before the F, if you
wanted the 'i' to be the key, then you do 'F&ile', etc.

I would encourage others to clairfy on that (and Isam, add it to the FAQ list
if you can).

[I'm off to my final now.. 30 minutes from now, so I'm sorry if my answer is
not comprehensive]

later