[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [developers] Standards for Arabic support in computers?
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: [developers] Standards for Arabic support in computers?
- From: Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug dot org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 13:37:28 +0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:sender:date:from:to:subject :message-id:references:mime-version:content-type:content-disposition :in-reply-to:user-agent; bh=tt9QtNzVh7t/O5cvE/j2/reBBtJWA9oi8IZ+a2mgBC0=; b=d6Dk6OMD5QnHko9J8D6IiMk5a8R9kb2OB/bDFjw21wvVtRTJd8we93B8qOMgEtTMf7 piFZw1g20A9d0yRuO1COJhvhrKo0SB1/TP2mnoh3GE5OEyZ2wjgBQItQ+KSD0Bgfjbe1 qq5yUliFl3rmIt0TUokIo7S+yRDVL8xi/FIDU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:date:from:to:subject:message-id:references:mime-version :content-type:content-disposition:in-reply-to:user-agent; b=ZT7qOlPrGOQ4mok5QGxoT/P7tSHuMupyanzNxpKK8B7Qd1xKPUXyhKJbRr2Lz5UVP1 nGb6RIQuVjA6KrKTKSQimmm44zWa0ZJXB69zuztVk6xD4cZqTUfcvW7C7VYad7doy2jr 2PRnDMMF0zQGSkwnV3+K0SZqtl6K+Pqws6Kfo=
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-06-14)
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 08:48:34PM +0430, Mostafa Hajizadeh wrote:
> Hi all,
> Does anybody know of any standards about supporting Arabic script in
> computers? Here in Iran we have two national standards: ISIRI 6219
> (ISIRI is our national standards institute) is for Unicode-compatible
> text transfer and display, and ISIRI 9147 is for Persian keyboard
> layout. Do we have something similar in the Arab world?
There were some ASMO (Arabic Standards and Metrology organization)
standardisation efforts, I don't think it is relevant anymore, though,
and a quick googling did not reveal any official references.
Arabic localiser and member of Arabeyes.org team
Free font developer