[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [developers] ASR - Arabic Speech Recognition
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: [developers] ASR - Arabic Speech Recognition
- From: Mahmoud Abdel moneim Elgenedy <melgenedy at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:02:19 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=EXNqn/Ew+pJ00YLugrQ7Vxh32eWhJEAoLXrO+PMs+9c=; b=Sv1LzZKL/ZGbT1qQgQDqB2rzM+WOI+TvV4p3GX8XS5VvA4zBZf2d/ESJaHlUF/qjn3 AiGeJUlT+jHV2SO2koxll1wAqI2MJKsgK91CMyRlDL2SwMmxDmUNoMYPuEettTfkTgM8 P4JjmbIOaSP1hdbTEBWhIWJdkoQwRtW5Mzx7w=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=k4bbC4M43dnL4zipMGnuoTuWsSXFX2Gn+dt85tTKaNzG5ffz8tzPtLqxaEUXPO5iW1 yexqzmyddCWJ/pBl9y7lXoi4AeNqSvKEZPubZ3Jm2nRFrd/zGY5nyfYHHuxt5M4/reaC 9fA/CKlMmTN2zrmnfA6kr0n0Z9CHReYy0nMbk=
Did you know that you can use HMM in AOCR? i did it in my graduation project using HTK and we got a promising results.
I have present the idea of open source AOCR on developer at arabeyes
from a long time, but the current status of the work is not suitable to release a version as it need more research and some work to convert some matlab files to C.
On 2 August 2010 10:50, Ahmad Sayed <ahmad dot ahmadsayed at gmail dot com>
Kindly I am doing Master Thesis in NLP, I started with speech recognition after doing some achievements the topic halted and switched to OCR, so I would like to share the work i did with the speech recognition with you, it is about 6 months of work and investigation, so I appreciate to contribute it to open source instead of wasting it on my hard drive.
The contribution will be as follow
1 - HTK Models
2 - Small corpus
3 - Trigram language model for the previous corpus.
4 - Some shell scripts and Java code act as utilities.
5 - Some bench-marks and comparison.
6 - small set about 1000 recorded spoken sentence used in the training and testing
Also I am ready to give a quick session with anyone interested to contribute to explain any details the knowledge require is no more than basic programming skills, and shell scripts.
if anyone interested we can set a road map to complete this.
Developer mailing list
Developer at arabeyes dot org