Re: [developers] Arabic language entries in OOo

Ossama Khayat a écrit :

Thank you Mohamed. I'll forward this to Sun contacts and maybe we need to create a bug report for these to be included.

regards,
Ossama
Ok Ossama,

Here below, a copy of my message, I send to "dev at lingucomponent dot openoffice dot org" few minutes ego:

First , for the list of the absent countries, with the exception of Israel and of the Eritrea, I notice that it is the same that those ignored by Windows (TM): Comoros, Chad, Djibouti, Mauritania, Palestine, Somalia & Sudan; OOo uses the same list of supported locale and countries in Windows (TM):

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/lcid-all.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/winxp/xp-lcid.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/lcid-all.mspx
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q221435

I think that OOo would make happy many persons if it adds countries forgotten by Redmond :) so the entries which I suggest are below but there no "LCID Hex" and "LCID Dec" for majority of them :( (except Israel and Eritrea)

{ LANGUAGE_ARABIC_COMOROS,              "ar", "KM" },
{ LANGUAGE_ARABIC_CHAD,              "ar", "TD" },
{ LANGUAGE_ARABIC_DJIBOUTI,              "ar", "DJ" },
{ LANGUAGE_ARABIC_MAURITANIA,              "ar", "MR" },
{ LANGUAGE_ARABIC_PALESTINE,              "ar", "PS" },
{ LANGUAGE_ARABIC_SOMALIA,              "ar", "SO" },
{ LANGUAGE_ARABIC_SUDAN,              "ar", "SD" },
{ LANGUAGE_ARABIC_ISRAEL,              "ar", "DJ" },
{ LANGUAGE_ARABIC_ERITREA,              "ar", "ER" },

Secondly, I notice, in OOo configuration, that the window: Options - Language Setting - Languages: CTL (complex text layout), shows only Tunis, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon & Egypt; the same countries we see at: http://l10n.openoffice.org/source/browse/l10n/i18npool/source/localedata/data/

I'll suggest, soon, to Arabeyes project (www.arabeyes.org) to make locale xml files for all of the countries absent and submit them to OOo.

Thanks,

Mohamed Kebdani