Re: ITL status

Salam,

ahmedre wrote:
On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 10:23 +0200, Omar Abo-Namous wrote:
Salam,
wa3laikum alsalam,

I haven't been posting for a while, but i have some thoughts about the itl-project:

1. a while ago, i posted an oo-based php implementation of the itl library (at least the part about prayer times). Nobody reviewed it as far as i can remember.. (by the way, i'm using it and it seems to be working fine..)

hey - i told you it was good :)  i am using it here:
http://labs.islamicnetwork.com/ptimes and it works awesome.  the results
compared to the desktop libitl are very similar (especially in
comparison to the previous version which would get pretty far off).

Oh, i missed that message. How do you compensate for summer time then? Because the only algorithm i included is relevant for Germany (or maybe western Europe)..

2. how about developing a documentation specially to the prayer times module? I'd love to know, how the algorithm came about and it would be beneficial in general to be able to tell my users how the prayer times are being calculated..

i'd be interested in that too.

I think, Nadim, this should be the main issue. Once the documentation is finished and the algorithm is clearly outlined, we can check new implementations against it. Lately i had a problem implementing itl to c# and i'm still not sure, where the error lies. If i had a documented algorithm to check against, it would make debugging much easier!

Salam. Omar
wsalams,
-ahmed