Thwab's data "license" [WAS: Re: Thwab final release]

I think the right question is: Do you actually hold the copyright to
these works and can you mandate whatever license you choose?

Copyright is a tool to protect one's works, not to protect some work
from being vandalised or altered. You can place all restrictions that
you want, but that won't stop malicious alterations of the works at all.
I wonder, how can you license it if you don't own the copyright?

I believe that "licensing" these documents makes no sense. In general,
publishers who publish printed books can claim copyright to the
accompanied commentary, graphics and any other work that they explicitly
produced. I believe any other claims to the work itself can't be held in
any court. The original authors, in most cases, passed away centuries
ago.

The works themselves have no license.

I think it is time to seriously discuss this.

Djihed

في خ، 17-05-2007 عند 11:25 +0800 ، كتب Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya: