Re: Summer of Code

On Monday 12 March 2007 01:20, Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya wrote:
> Salam,
وعليكم السلام

Regardless of Summer Of Code, I wonder if you can assist us this summer
incha'allah to learn a bit of Font design, I would really like enjoy
improving our fonts (adding support of more languages, fixing diacritics,
making use of OpenType...), I am sure others like Khaled Hosny may like some
training in this field.

About your last two very nice fonts, I think they have some bugs with GTK
programs because it doesn't support OpenType BASE tables. But it works
perfectly on OpenOffice.org. There is some will to improve OpenType on Pango
and QT with HarfBuzz (حرف باز)
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fHarfBuzz .