Re: Summer of Code

> > >I'd choose Siragi to be honest. At least one of its missing bits.
> >
> > +1 for Siragi

+1

Although I don't think one student can do it all, it should probably be
divided into two subprojects.

> * The ayaspell project (http://ayaspell.blogspot.com/) needs help
> * Improvements for the Arabic fonts we have ?

+1

> * Any bidi problems with firefox ?

Can anyone give an idea about this in Windows?
CC'ing Ayman Hourieh, he is probably the best to know about it.

> * Copy and paste between openoffice and firefox?

Arabic text or any? if general then that's probably best left for them.

> * Printing plain text files from the command line.

lpr? Does cups not handle Arabic? Also there are many ways to preprocess
plain text before sending to a printer.
Sorry for the bold question.

> * bidi and shaping for gnome terminal

That's libvte, I talked to Behdad about this and he thinks:
1 - It's not worthy as a SoCP
2 - gnome-terminal will switch to pango at some point anyway.

But I can't help but speculate that:
1- He finds it's too easy because he is good.
2- The pango move will happen in years...
(just a thought)

Djihed

PS. Ayman, please have a look at developer@ archives for the full
thread.