Re: Lulua

Well, I don't know about Python, but I chose Perl because its
interpretor is open, that's the main reason, again, I don't know about
Python but Perl doesn't use strict punctuation, for example, qw
arguments can be grouped by any punctuation mark, be it #, /, ( ),
etc. And I like Lary's thinking, specially "No unnecessary
limitations."
The suggestion was sent using thier official form, it can be found in
Perl's website, I post it here as soon as I can access my computer,
because I'm using my phone right now; we don't have electricity
because of Gonu cyclone.
I didn't get what you ment with removing the a vowel but if you mean
fron the name, that's fine, the name is discussable.
I don't know where they will put the survey, but I'll tell you as soon
as I know.

Salam,

On 6/7/07, Abderrahim Kitouni <a dot kitouni at gmail dot com> wrote:
On Monday 04 June 2007 12:58, Laith Juwaidah wrote:
> Hello,
Salam
> I would like to suggest a new project, it's simply an Arabic Perl, I
Why perl? why not python or some other language I understand? :-P
> was thinking of the name Lulua (Pearl in Arabic, because the word Perl
why not? but we'll have to delete a vowel afterwards :-p
> was taken from Pearl), I also sent an official request to perl.org and
> they said they're going to start a survey within a few days and
> they're going to respond by 7th July, at latest.
Was the request sent to a public mailing list or privately?
keep us informed about the news and the survey :-)

> I would like to hear  your feedbacks and I would like to hear from the
> coordinators of the site to say what they think about it.
I think that it will be a good thing (if it succeeds). and we'll be posting
here in arabic :-)

> BTW, Those of you who are in the doc mailing list... I know, earlier,
> I said that having such thing would be a waste but people change!
;-)