[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Quran project maintainer
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Quran project maintainer
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:57:49 -0700 (PDT)
--- Mohammad DAMT <mdamt at gnome dot org> wrote:
> Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > Any takers ?
> I was the original co author of libquran and already threw some ideas
> of continuing the project. And yes I'd like to take the opportunity.
--- nabil ben khalifa <nabil_benkhalifa at yahoo dot fr> wrote:
> I would like to take the opportunity.
Even better. Nabil since you're relatively new I hope you won't mind
taking a bit of direction from Mr. Damt's after all he has a bit more
familiarity with the code/process, etc. If you guys decide to switch
over maintainership every so often, feel free - its upto you given
results are attained and progress is maintained (keep in mind that it
will be your job to recruit and assign work to newbies and volunteers
as they appear). Here are a few things to start addressing,
1. State the current state of the project - what to expect on
the next minor release (make sure to update the sub-project's
2. Put forth a priority list of the issues already identified
(what and when) and what is to be included in the next
3. Put forth a roadmap of what needs to happen and what issues
need to be addressed in the long-run (unicode missing glyphs,
validity of data, other project coloborations, thwab tie-in,
Nabil/M.Damt I highly suggest you guys meet on IRC and/or exchanging
private emails to get in sych. I'll change over the sub-project's
ownership info, etc in the next couple of days.
Thank you all for your interest; now its time to forge ahead with
Got a little couch potato?
Check out fun summer activities for kids.