Re: Arabic fonts

--- Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug dot org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 04:01:41PM +0800, Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya wrote:
> > FYI, i have developed a Quran font that have complete symbol to render
> > the Madinah Mushaf. You can find it at arabicfonts.wikisapces.com.
>
> Your fonts is really a great achievement, I'd like to discuss with you
> the possibilities of releasing it under a free license, OFL may be, and
> distributing it with our font collection.

Yes please !!!

Having hacked a bit on fonts, I know how difficult and how involved this
field is (it really is bordering an art form) - do you gents have any
ideas on how we can bring other people up to speed to develop/enhance
and/or improve upon fonts (or even create new ones) ?  Could some
tutorials be developed to demystify this field for others ?  How can
this be made easier for newbies to get into ?

The idea was and continues to be (with respect to any field and not
fonts specifically either) to establish enough knowledge within
in order to disseminate that knowledge to educate others who will
hopefully turn around and do the same (ie. mentoring program if you
will that will foster and build a community).

http://sims.yahoo.com/