Quran : out of cvs code getting, compiling and running

Assalamo alaykom,

I started looking at the code in the quran project cvs, and it was not an immediate task to get code out of cvs, compile it and get it running (I got some errors when compiling, especially gnomequran, I will speak of this in onother message with possible patches).
To save time for others who want to try out of cvs code, I wrote a simple document explaining how to do it with information gathered from arabeyes site and some personal additions. Remarks are welcome.

Download the Quran project from CVS:
=========================

First of all download the cvs files to your local machine (look at "http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/howto/cvs-howto-en"
to get a deeper explanation of arabeyes CVS and how to use it), here is the commands to do so:

cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs at cvs dot arabeyes dot org:/home/arabeyes/cvs login

when asked for a login, type "anoncvs"

then in clean directory, get the quran project module by typing:

cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs at cvs dot arabeyes dot org:/home/arabeyes/cvs co quran

You will have then the quran project file tree.

Compile and install libquran from CVS:
========================

to compile and install libquran obtained directly from cvs, do:

1. make -f Makefile.cvs

2. run configure (with "--prefix=/usr" if you want the libquran to be installed in the /usr directory)

3. run make

4. run make install (as root)

After compiling libquran, you MUST install the data to work with (text and audio recitations) downloaded from the arabeyes site. You can use
the quran_install_component tool and give it the component you want to install. To install at least the quran arabic text, you can issue the command:
quran_install_component quran_original_text_INCOMPLETE_AND_UNVERIFIED

compile and install qtquran from CVS:

to compile and install qtquran obtained directly from cvs, do:

1. make -f Makefile.dist

2 .run configure (with "--prefix=/usr" if you want the libquran to be installed in the /usr directory)

3. run make

4. run make install (as root)

Nabil Ben Khalifa