A good vocalized font for non-Arab speakers

Hello,

I am a publisher and I have been looking for some time for an Arabic font to
publish texts for beginning learners of Arabic, for example a beginner's
Swedish--Arabic--Swedish dictionary. These have to be fully vocalized and
easily readable -- like when you yourselves started to write :-)  The
previous free fonts that I have checked do a horrible job with the
diacritics, as I am sure you know.

So naturally I was very excited when I found the announcement on Arabeyes
that you had done just that. I have looked at many of them, and to my
greater and greater disappointment they were either adaptions of common
newsprint typefaces or art-forms of varius kinds.  I may have missed out
(please correct me), but not many seemed to be well suited for running text
even (like books or in magazines). They were more for headings, shop signs
etc. Finally I came upon AlMohanad which was the only one that might fit.

I am very much aware of the impressive job that has been done to prepare the
ligature tables for all combinations, and I am a little surprised that not
much comment has been seen on this list. Is it the right place?  One would
hope that the work with the ligature tables could be re-used by the
individual font designer, but there are traps. For instance, one font with
very long fathas has them running into the next letter.

For AlMohanad, I wonder about the distance after initial and medial waw. It
is as big, maybe even bigger optically, than a word space. Confusing for
beginners. The dagger over a shadda, as in God's name, is very small. The
fatha over shadda is placed way too high, no feeling of contact between
them,  kasra below shadda is well done.

For other fonts, Mashq, Tholoth, AlArabiya and possibly others have problems
with ha fatha shadda fatha *followed by* tha fatha. The shadda runs into the
second fatha. The shadda seems to be placed way to high, even if not
followed by s "sensitive" letter.  The dagger sign disappears over a shadda.

I wonder if someone could take a font such as Bitstream Cyberbase and
improve it with your diacritics tables. That font really looks very clear
for beginners. If only the Latin letters would be lined up with the Arabic
ones...

Best,

Goran