Re: New Project Proposal: The ArabicOpenCD

Salaam Alaikom,
Amazing idea indeed جهد تشكرون عليه جدا جدا

I have few comments and suggestions as follows:
  • Why not having the installation files on the CD? as you mentioned most arab world users are on low speed internet connectivity, so its better to provide them with most wanted sources such as firefox,thunderbird and openoffice to name few
  • Make the Main interface with suggestion tool/menu that the user can click what type of softwares he uses most and have its source on the CD and from the users contributions we can add the sources to a folder called source for example and each person who want to burn the CD can add whatever he thinks his community/friends/family uses to include them for them, of course small development from your side to check the source directory and if it doesn't find the installation file it goes to the internet and download it
  • i downloaded and tried to install any software for test and got an error[1] this error shows for all not only firefox
  • could possible ad Daifallah's Camel server[2] which is personal web server people can run , would be nice addon made by arabic person
  • Having centralized web page for companies/shops who want to start selling this to list them in small directory for each country[3] something similar to theopencd.org
thats my thoughts for now and the moment the error get fixed i'll burn it and have it ready for people in kuwait whom want a copy can visit our office[4] and buy one[5]

--
Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

[1] http://bashar.com/arabicopencd.png
[2] http://www.camelserver.com
[3] i have registered ArabicOpenCD.org to point dropping you an email with more info as my contribution
[4] Binkhaldoun street, Al-Faiha complex, First floor, Office #6 , Kuwait Tel: 807060
[5] sponsored cost of 1KD/ea