[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Arabic spellchecker
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Arabic spellchecker
- From: Ahmad Khalifa <ahmad at khalifa dot ws>
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:51:55 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.6 (Windows/20050716)
arn at scs-net dot org wrote:
Question of a beginner in arabic. I feel that the idea of AFFIX or suffix is
more related to latin language. Would it not be possible to work with those
forms that are (as I feel) the basic of arabic. I remember trying to learn of
the first, second form, and those faaEl faEl.... and so on. But of course that
may seems easier when you're a beginner.
Everything is possible.
But consider these questions.
- Would the AFFIX approach not work ?
- Which one is easier to implement ?
- Which one is faster to implement ?
- Which one will be easier to add to OO.o ?
- Which one will have wider deployment and acceptance ?
To me, the answer of these questions is what makes me go with the