[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: libquran in embedded environment
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: libquran in embedded environment
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 22:12:55 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=5gDjCJbvsM8YHj8qMoJbHW1/WvOczifkYKh+vlGALmry+hh2HrnrwNfaIq4fXvcl1NQ1irWpZies8VdsS386wnqTDU4Z/Tvy2PsDFuhace75HIENMlm7+F5mGEcjbx/jnqaIec1Sx3quVCT1bmifZrx4fMU78hkYhw8gvH9zNdw= ;
--- Mohammad DAMT <mdamt at gnome dot org> wrote:
> I have a proposal to make (major) changes in libquran, I'd like to have
> it run in a decent way in embedded environment (arm, etc). Right now
> libquran requires big memory because it loads all the quran data in
> memory (> 2Megs for arabic version alone). What I'd like to do is to get
> the data retrieved on demand.
> The other thing is to replace the xml storage into binary storage,
> parsing the xml at startup quite takes long time at least in my arm
> What is the best to do this, create a branch in cvs?
Before any changes take place do please get M.Yousif's OK and approval
to proceed, he is after all the project's maintainer.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around