Re: Thanks for Your Help

Salam,

well now you've split the site into english and arabic, which is fine by
the terms, that it shows up correctly, but it's not the ideal solution
in my opinion.

To convert (sounds kinda like "convert or die" out of the chronicles of
riddick..) to utf-8, you first have to declare the charset of your
html-doc to be utf both by giving the correct header
header("content='text/html; charset=UTF-8'");
as well as the right charset settings inside html:

But that's not everything - not by a long shot. For arabic to work you'd
have to somehow tranform each character into the equivalent
utf8-character. From a latin (german, french..) character into utf8 it's
simply the function utf8-encode(...). I don't know how it would work for
arabic. One option is to type your arabic text in an utf8-enabled editor
like firstobject's xml-editor [1] or jedit [2]. But that way you can't
reedit your files inside a non-utf8-editor..

[1]: http://www.firstobject.com/dn_editor.htm
[2]: http://www.jedit.org/

Salam.

Omar

http://www.toomuchcookies.net
http://www.islaminhannover.de
(both utf8 but with some glitches)

Aziz wrote:
Salam alikom,

well that mmix up with regular HTML based meta tags?

I just want to insure that its ok before doing it,

Thanks,
Aziz