[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: compiled version of libqte.2.3.6 instead of 2.3.10 ??
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: compiled version of libqte.2.3.6 instead of 2.3.10 ??
- From: benoit midy <bmidy23 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:49:29 +0200
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=upPgYTC/GGHOGPDaULyON7auGQ5H43bEYbpjErCyQse2naJngP/6F4WxrOKkZG2VwroTDUlQOmyO/Ohyaf4ZemXXa/bP7sodXEraRN6Llma9mvA8BI2Nj4ZKF545rb1bgGQ4nVbh6TtMAErTn6hAGpDq1qUeA8AgfBXXbAACItI=
I just code myself a function yesterday to perform the conversion from cp1256 to 8859-6 by looking in the both code page ...
I didn t know that a such library did exists, I thoght there was one but I didn t find it.
So thanks, I just have to compile the libiconv for ARM platform.
As fast as I get a working application I will post some screenshots.
On 5/2/05, Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
--- benoit midy <bmidy23 at gmail dot com> wrote:
> My arabic text are taken from ascii file, and they are not encoded in
> unicode, but plain ASCII so in internet explorer when I want to see it
> correctly I choose the encoding : arabic windows.
> So I do not know how to do to display it correctly ??
> Any help or sample code would be appreciate.
To convert 'em, simply run
% iconv --from-code WINDOWS-1256 --to-code UTF-8 input_file > output_file
NOTE: do a 'man iconv' for further details and 'iconv --list' to
see a listing of all supported encodings.
BTW: you might want to consider doing this a bit differently given
a user opts for an 'online pull' type of a method. Consider
adding the ability for the user to see a listing of that is
available and then to dynamically download the needed data from
a pre-set or user-specified location. Adding this option will
then give the user to download whatever data he/she opts for.
Just a thought.
> And concerning the arabic qpf font is there other fonts
> available or do I must to convert it myself ??
I'll leave these for others to tackle.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
Developer mailing list
Developer at arabeyes dot org