[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: compiled version of libqte.2.3.6 instead of 2.3.10 ??
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: compiled version of libqte.2.3.6 instead of 2.3.10 ??
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 11:24:42 -0700 (PDT)
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=TpOSDtS8jByDELyhV47p6xeapPOIGUC1mr/umu+p2W161n39cZW6U1xP6DvjQpI9UHf+CC3THiKZSc6gxssZBdp6Wsy1RvTYozesLKxKFLIi2UyZey7sPEg1JkRPjytBda0sQlxnBcIPHslrV8radezFxBiB8rcbpGIU9JHxIvw= ;
--- benoit midy <bmidy23 at gmail dot com> wrote:
> My arabic text are taken from ascii file, and they are not encoded in
> unicode, but plain ASCII so in internet explorer when I want to see it
> correctly I choose the encoding : arabic windows.
> So I do not know how to do to display it correctly ??
> Any help or sample code would be appreciate.
To convert 'em, simply run
% iconv --from-code WINDOWS-1256 --to-code UTF-8 input_file > output_file
NOTE: do a 'man iconv' for further details and 'iconv --list' to
see a listing of all supported encodings.
BTW: you might want to consider doing this a bit differently given
a user opts for an 'online pull' type of a method. Consider
adding the ability for the user to see a listing of that is
available and then to dynamically download the needed data from
a pre-set or user-specified location. Adding this option will
then give the user to download whatever data he/she opts for.
Just a thought.
> And concerning the arabic qpf font is there other fonts
> available or do I must to convert it myself ??
I'll leave these for others to tackle.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around