RE: Presentation Forms

>--- ivon at pads1 dot cs dot nthu dot edu dot tw wrote:
>> I found that the arabic_shape.pl only uses Presentation Form-B(0xFExx)
>> I can't understand this...  Doesn't it need Form-A?
>> um .. I am new to Arabic, and sorry if i am senseless.

>The Arabic language requires some of the characters noted in Form-B
>(along with a good portion of U+0600 - U+06FF).  Form-A is noted/titled
>as "Arabic Presentation Form-A" yet it is not required or used by the
>"Arabic" _language_ (you can think of Form-A as a derivative list
>characters that were spawned from Arabic that other languages are using).

I don't know if I misunderstood.
An Arabic input system can only keyin "Arabic" _language_ with codes in
U+0600 - U+06FF and it will be shaped to U+FE70 - U+FEFF only. And the
Presentation Form-A is newly created codes, which is used to present some
terms that Arabic doesn't have it originally.
Is that right? ;b

Best Regards,
-Iven