Re: ITL ported as PHP Extension

Salam,

i still think it is not too much work to port the entire library into native php-code. I allready did it and would like to work on a much universal translation.

Salam.

Omar

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- oranais <oranais at gmail dot com> wrote:

I'm happy to announce you that ITL is ported partially now() to work as a PHP Extension, which will help web developers to use Hijri/Gregorian Convertion as simple as a natif php function.

This work is a part of AlKhawarizmi Project.
http://www.alkhawarezmi.com/arabicForum/viewtopic.php?t=465

I'm asking ITL developers 2 things :
1- their permission to publish the source files of this work.

ITL is under [L]GPL so use it under its terms :-)

2- to help me to finish to second part, about prayer times.

In the past we (well I) was telling people not to port this into PHP and
instead simply call the library outright from PHP - Swig was also talked
about and Thamer provided an example to follow.  It seems like too many
people either don't know how to do this and/or there is a compelling
reason not go the library route (as odd as that might be).  In any regard
if there is a serious demand for this port (and a commitment to upkeep
it) and Thamer, ITL's project leader, thinks it might be worth while to
import this work into CVS we can proceed to do that.

Thamer any thoughts, comments ?