Re: Arabic on Zaurus/Ipaq

On Saturday 19 March 2005 13:33, Mohammed Yousif wrote:

> > I get exactly the same running it on the zaurus (the audio works fine,
> > too BTW). Once this problem is sorted and the multi-user stuff removed,
> > we just need to re-jig the UI to fit into the (much) smaller space.
>
> Could you please send me an exploit (the configuration files you used
> ..etc) as this never happens to me.

my conf.xml is

<quran>
  <language code="ar" name="Arabic">
    <text>
      <author>Original Text</author>
      <copyright>None (Original Text)</copyright>
      <filename>quran.ar.xml</filename>
    </text>
    <audio>
      <author>Ali Al-Hozaify</author>
      <copyright>(copyright holder)</copyright>
      <filename>ali_hozaify</filename>
    </audio>
  </language>
</quran>

The data file was constructed by using the shell script provided with the
libquran download (I downloaded the latest CVS). I get the error whether
audio is available or not.

I am using gcc 3.3.5 which may be an issue. I am testing gentoo ATM (after
accidentally trashing a drive by repartioning it in a 'safe' way) but I think
I prefer debian) and I notice that the other bug report was from someome
using gentoo also. Expat is version 1.95.8 .

> And how does the audio work? Is OSS implemented in the Zaurus? That would
> be super :-)

It's a 2.4.18 kernel and I'm pretty sure that the sound is based on OSS (based
on the code in linux/drivers/sound).

wassalaam
abdulhaq