Re: Arabbix again and again.

Salam,

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:43:40 +0200, Mohammed Sameer <msameer at foolab dot org> wrote:

> 1) Either lead the project in a dictatorship manner and do what I think right ignoring other point of views unless I think they are right, In that case I'll take decisions, Explain why I did that and I'll accept discussing any issue except one thing which is what to base arabbix on.

I vote for this one. My 2c: Better a dictatorship than nothing (well,
at least in this case ;-))

> And please someone go and fix my inactive status on the website, What a shame on you! :-)

I just checked and you seem to be active again.

> IMHO we shouldn't measure the activity by CVS commits.

Well, even if I'm not in core anymore, I personally wrote that python
script (so I feel a bit concerned :-)... In fact, as the email that
you received say, you didn't need to commit anything to be 'active'
again. A simple login on the website would have fixed your status. Of
course, you had to wait a bit to see your status changed (it's
cron'ed, everyday, everyweek? I don't remember). The rationale is to
check that people read at least their Arabeyes emails from time to
time (therefore they are around, therefore 'active').

Youcef R. Rahal