Re: miniBidi

Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 23:44:18 +0000
From: Abdulhaq Lynch <al-arabeyes at alinsyria dot fsnet dot co dot uk>
Subject: Re: miniBidi

I tried that (applyShape = 1) but it seemed to have no effect, maybe I was doing something wrong.

when calling

doBidi(line, count, 1, 0, 0);

shaping should be performed for you without any trouble, are you sure
this doesnt work ?

4024 probably was there before the doShape() call.

I don't think so but I can't promise:-) By the way I found that I had to call shape first - the inline comments seem to suggest calling doBidi before doShape.

To be algorithemically correct, doShape() must be performed at a certain point during the doBidi() procedure. It probably doesnt matter much, you can just call doShape() after or before doBidi() yourself.

Try this...

#define BLOCKTYPE QString
#define CHARTYPE QChar
#define GETCHAR(from,i) from[i]

If this compiles OK, bidi/shaping would be done on QString and a QChar
array directly, which might save you a few memcpy() calls.

ak.