Re: minibidi

On Friday 04 March 2005 14:44, Ahmad Khalifa wrote:
> > From: Abdulhaq Lynch <al-arabeyes at alinsyria dot fsnet dot co dot uk>
> > To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
> >
> > The bidi aspect seems fine at the moment but I can't get shaping to work,
> > I think it may be a problem with the tashkeel like fatha etc. At first I
> > tried using (with current CVS) passing the 'doshaping=true' to the doBidi
> > function. This didn't seem to have any effect. Then I tried separating it
> > out by using doShape as another call. Unfortunately it doesn't see to
> > work with harakaat. I tried calling it before and after the bidi call. Am
> > I missing something? What's the current status on this front? - I realise
> > it's work in progress,
>
> The problem is now fixed, checkout the new version or change the
> one you already have. The problem is that I use CAPRtl charset
> for testing, you'll find this at the begining of minibidi.c
>
> #define GetType(x) getType(x)
> /*=====TESTING mode===========*/
> //#define GetType(x) getCAPRtl(x)
>
> I use getCAPRtl(x) which returns and imaginary type for chars but,
> you should use getType(x) if you want the real thing.
>
> Try this out and let me know how its going :)

salaam Ahmad
thanks for the work on minibidi and the prompt reply. With your new code I now
get this (see below,the words are kitaab with the kasra and kutub without
tashkeel). It seems the kasra (0x650) is becoming 0x4024 but other than that
it all works fine. Any ideas?

: char 0 is 643
: char 1 is 650
: char 2 is 62a