Re: Problem with qtquran0.041

On Saturday 26 February 2005 01:52, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> On Friday - 25.February.2005 [10:43:09 +0100],
>
>  ade ali (ade05fr at yahoo dot fr) wrote:
>  > Salam aleykoum,
>  >
>  > I discovered the qtquran application and i
>  > wanted to install it on my gentoo dist.
>  >
>  > Unfortunately when i make the installation, everything
>  > seems to be alright but when i try to launch qtquran
>  > exec file,  i have a segmentation fault....
>  >
> BTW: We've had other people who were looking for assistance in
>      compiling the application [2].  So the interest is very much
>      there, sounds like a plea for some help :-)

There seems to be a bug/ library mismatch (with expat?) in libquran. I
downloaded the latest CVS and after getting it set up (which was a bit of an
ordeal in itself - but that's another story) I found that testquran runs and
plays an ayat but then has a segmentation fault. Running qtquran gives a
segmentation fault too, the problem is in the two lines referring to
qu->sura_titles, which is a variable that libquran should be populating.
Commenting those out allows qtquran to run but then it seg faults in other
places too.

I'll see if I can find out more
wassalaam
abdulhaq