Re: Qt 4 for Windows Available Under Open Source License

Salam,

On 7/1/05, Maher Ben Moussa <m dot ben dot moussa at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I checked the website of TrollTech today and saw that they released
> version 4 of their QT framework.
> When I read the announcement on
> http://www.trolltech.com/newsroom/announcements/00000209.html, I
> noticed a major change in their licence policy. They finally released
> an open source version of there framework for Windows :-).
> FINALLY!!!!!!!!
> That is great news. That means we finally can port QtQuran and other
> applications created using Qt to Windows for free so they can be used
> by the most of people :-)

Yeah, this is good news (although not really news, since it was
announced at least ~6 months ago ;-)). But yup, now there are a lot of
software that can now reach a lot more audience. If I'm not mistaken,
the Trolltech guys have made some tool to upgrade the existing QT 3.x
code to QT 4, but I don't doubt that that will also include a lot of
painful rewriting/debugging of great portions of the code ;-)

> PS: Yes guys, I'm still alive. I have only been idle for 2 years :-(

Hehehe...

Regards,

--
Youcef R. Rahal