Re: arabbix discussion

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 11:12 -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Alaa Abd El Fattah <alaa at eglug dot org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 "Dr.Dre" wrote:
>                       ^^^^^^^^
> It would be best to use real names if possible, but I digress ;-)

Use whatever name you want, there is no mailing-list policy or rule that
says you have to use any particular name format (and none would likely
ever exist).

> We need to keep the focus of what Arabbix is meant to be and why it even
> exists.  The process and the documentation (steps, procedures, recipes,
> etc) are more important, IMHO, than the end-product.  We also want to
> come-up with something that can easily serve other entities (LUGs, orgs,
> etc) by having them __very__ easily customize it to fir their needs and
> their themes.  Last but not least, it needs to be debian based.

Right. I don't think Debian is a _requirement_ but I most certainly
prefer to have it Debian-based.

From rom what I am understanding, linux-live scripts may be a way to go. If
it requires more work, so be it. Count me in for any work that needs to
be done if it goes in that direction.

Regards,
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|