[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: arabbix discussion
- To: Mohammed Sameer <msameer at foolab dot org>, Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: arabbix discussion
- From: Ahmad Bakdash <abakdash at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:29:00 +0200
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:references; b=Ri0UGkvnNuulsiwI955KSUxbcYNcH2u9lRNN/rHsMoGqgofuGoFg1xB2UVpHKtMuvmC5beA+CsZsjTTq/8ubit03sOhFGWVMw0SMg0Dg2WGulCFVZHG2nR/efzFDCNju65KOD2kiJA+r/Km2SosucowhHo3zr9Yd63qHf3nw3cU=
we using it to build arabian distro too
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:22:14 +0200, Mohammed Sameer <msameer at foolab dot org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 11:12:26AM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > --- Alaa Abd El Fattah <alaa at eglug dot org> wrote:
> > > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 "Dr.Dre" wrote:
> > ^^^^^^^^
> > It would be best to use real names if possible, but I digress ;-)
> > > simply let arabbix be a snapshot of phaeronix that includes arabic
> > > locale, the rest of arabeyes projects and arabeyes artwork.
> > >
> > > I'm sure I can pressure islam to put most of the stuff in core phaeronix
> > > anyway.
> > We need to keep the focus of what Arabbix is meant to be and why it even
> > exists. The process and the documentation (steps, procedures, recipes,
> > etc) are more important, IMHO, than the end-product. We also want to
> > come-up with something that can easily serve other entities (LUGs, orgs,
> > etc) by having them __very__ easily customize it to fir their needs and
> > their themes. Last but not least, it needs to be debian based.
> > No harm in restating an abbreviated set of goals every once in awhile :-)
> I agree here,
> But the only modular debian based live CD out there is morphix, Which seems dead to me.
> ubuntu and gnoppix are not modular.
> knoppix is not modular.
> suggestions ?
> -- Katoob Main Developer, Arabbix Maintainer.
> GNU/Linux registered user #224950
> Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group <www.eglug.org> Admin.
> Life powered by Debian, Homepage: www.foolab.org
> Don't send me any attachment in Micro$oft (.DOC, .PPT) format please
> Read http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
> Preferable attachments: .PDF, .HTML, .TXT
> Thanx for adding this text to Your signature
> Developer mailing list
> Developer at arabeyes dot org