Arabbix's working plan

With Abdulaziz's recent trip to Morocco and his various discussions
there, it has once again become blatantly apparent that our best and
most vocal vehicle to showcase our work, to recruit and educate people
is Arabbix [1] (surprise surprise :-).  As such what follows is hopefully
the initiation of a discussion that needs to take place to reinvigorate
the project's development and to bring some much needed focus and
urgency to it (it's a collective effort and is NOT meant to address
a select few).

M.Sameer, as Arabbix's leader, has been kind enough to put together
two documents to give a flavor of what to expect (a RoadMap [2] and
an overall Strategy [3]).  What we are in need now are more foundation
details.  What would be ideal is to come-up (collectively as this task
does not only fall on the maintainer's shoulders although he's expected
to drive/decide and steer) with a functional/work plan.  The plan ought
to detail exactly what is needed and how things are to be worked out.

Some key points/goals to remember,

 + The plan sought after is not meant to note "we'll release X then
   we'll release Y, etc", but instead needs to address the actual
   laying down of the foundation/core of the distro and the means
   of having multiple people contributing.  What needs to be done ?
   How are we going to CVS these modules ?  How are we going to put
   all these things back together ? etc.

 + We don't want to repeat this process if/when people move on and so
   documenting everything and sub-dividing the work is essential and
   a key goal of the project.

 + What is paramount is the establishment of a "working plan" and
   documentation in lieu of pushing for a release ("its the process
   not the conclusion" that matters).  If the process is sound the
   conclusion will come for free.

 + Accommodate as many people that are interested in helping out this
   project as possible.  Inclusive not exclusive.

 + Enable everyone to _build_ their own customizable ISO from smaller
   modules that people contribute.  Having a X.Y release that people
   will rave about without having the necessary means for others to
   replicate said work from scratch is pointless.

Constructive feedback, comments, suggestions ?  Was anything missed
or passed over ?

How to proceed ?

[1] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Arabbix
[2] http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/arabbix/doc/ArabbixRoadmap.txt