Unicode Help

Hello

I am a student of BCS, right now confused at a point of the programming of C & C++.

My objective is: To copy the arabic text data (each character one by one ) written in one text file (MS Office Word) example Read.doc to the another text file (MS Office Word) example Write.doc

I had done this in english text data successfully. But now confused to how can I do this work! I don't have any idea about the unicode and how to use it.

I am using Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2000 (multi language both English and Arabic). Using Borland International Turbo C++ Version 3.0

I copy the simple program "To copy a single character to one file to another" is working correctly using english text data but not working when using arabic text data.

#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
#include<iostream.h>
void main (void)
{
clrscr();

FILE *fa,*fb;
int ch;

fa=fopen("Read.doc","rb");
fb=fopen("Write.doc","wb");

ch=getc(fa);
putc(ch,fb);

fclose(fa);
fclose(fb);
}

Questions:
1) Which Version of C++ is best?
2) How to use Unicode in C++ programming?
3) Other suggestion about it?