start of SIRAGI project

Salam,

I'm very pleased to announce the official start of SIRAGI-OCR project.
We aim to read images files (tif, jpeg, bmp, etc.) of arabic text and produce
arabic text corresponding. It will be very usefull to avoid retyping books
and printed texts. It is *very*  important for blind people to read paper
printed text just by scanning them and applying OCR. Otherwise they should
ask some one to read text for them :-(

So, if you are a C/C++ programmer and you like manipulating image formats and
you are fall in love with these small artificial beings called neural
networks :-),  then welcome to SIRAGI project !
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=siragi

We are in the very beginning of the project so you can participate in
designing it and discussing the best way to address arabic OCR problem.

Thanks to Nadim for his valuable helps outside the mailing lists.

Best regards

Tarik

--
Tarik FDIL