Re: CUPS in Action (need help :)

--- Ahmad Khalifa <ahmad at khalifa dot ws> wrote:
> I got some PostScript problems... all arabic chars are not visible while
> all Latin chars are visible...?!?! I know this sounds like Deja-Vu but,
> I dont know whats wrong and I cant proceed with changing the minibidi in
> the patch to the new-&-improved miniBidi unless this problem is fixed
> first...
>
> Any help would be very much appreciated...
>
> Here is the .PS file generated by CUPS' patched texttops filter...
> http://www.khalifa.ws/ar_utf8.ps
>
> the source text file is here...
> http://www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/ar_utf8
>
> the Type-1 font file is here...
> http://www.khalifa.ws/KacstQr.pfa
>
> and Last, the patch is here...
> http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/external/cups/

Sorry for the __VERY__ late reply, really am.  I was able to see the
Arabic without issue using "ghostview" (gv-3.5.8), I just had to copy
the font file (the .pfa file) in the same directory as the .ps I was
displaying and it showed without issue.

The output that was displayed looked very odd, things were shaped but
the spacing was all off (and this was not due to harakat either).  I'm
attaching a small screenshot to show you what I mean and I'd be more
than happy to mail you more detailed shots in private if you so desire.

Hope that helps and keep up on this effort - I'm here to help/test.

Salam and again sorry for the delay.