 From :     Simon Tatham
Sent :     Saturday, May 22, 2004 10:38 AM
To :     "ahmad khalifa"
CC :     ...
Subject :     Re: [putty]PuTTY's Arabic patch

"ahmad khalifa" <> wrote:

 > instead of that, cant you just call bidi/shaping on buffer change ?
 > i.e on WM_KEYDOWN and on 'receive()' ?

If I did that, I would have to re-bidi the whole terminal screen
even when just one line changed. I'd rather minimise the number of
lines I have to do it to.

In any case, here's some good news for you. I've now actually done
this, and (at long last) _checked in_ the result. The PuTTY sources
in CVS now contain your bidirectional code.

Cheers,
Simon