Re: useless, time-wasting reply

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> >From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs dot toronto dot edu>
> >This is the last time I mention this: minibidi is just a hack.
> >If I see people keep sending minibidi patches to externel
> >projects, I'm afraid I have to get involved from the other side:
> >the external projects.
>
> you shouldnt use a threat-like language, because all i can say
> is "GO AHEAD", and i dare/defy you.

Ahmad, like Behdad, I highly recommend you refrain from using and/or
even contemplating the usage of inflammatory words (don't go there).
Didn't I say this is not going to help anyone ? :-)  Keep in mind
that we're all working together (and that people on occasion have
bad days and might say something with a bit of emotion or ...) but
that is no reason to continue in the same vain.  I agree with all
the replies noted on this thread so far and highly suggest we leave
this behind us and simply forge ahead paying attention to technical
issues.

Behdad raises some interesting points/observations that should be
looked into and addressed as I'm sure he's heard of plenty of similar
remarks over the course of his coding life-span :-)  You've addressed
some of them with your reply and have promised the addition of some
code, go at it not as a form of competition but for completeness.
I also HIGHLY recommend you comment your code well so that it becomes
a teaching tool and a vehicle for newbies to learn from.

We are all learning and trying to help not only each other but all
those that might even remotely need our results (keep that in mind !!).

> you calling minibidi an "ugly hack" also shows that arabs in general
> are the _worst_ community (considering its size) that never unites,
> and always destroyes itself from within. instead of reporting your
> comments in the shape of feedback you decided to do it this way,
> proving that point.

This is NOT a reflection of any community - a single email does not
constitute a stance and/or a conspiracy.  Was it worded in the best
manner ?  No, but neither was your reply :-)  So again, stick to the
technical issues and leave all this non-sense behind.  As I'm
constantly reminded by people much smarter than I, "its nice to be
nice" and believe me it gets you alot further in life.  Let's continue
to be civil, technical and professional about all our conduct.

I've said this before and I'm saying it now - miniBidi and FriBidi
were never meant to compete.  miniBidi exists primarily due to
licensing issues and as such it was decided to spin it off as a learning
tool from which we might benefit in the future (this is NOT a 'mine is
bigger than yours' competition and so let's not turn it into one).

Salam and before any further replies _please_ consider whether your
reply will "add value" to anything technical, if not don't reply :-)