Re: Debian Installer?

 --- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote: > --- Youcef Rabah Rahal
<rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> > On Sunday 16 May 2004 12:21, Ahmad Kamal wrote:
> > > It would be great if debian installer were to be arabized. I just want
> > > to thank anyone who is helping push this project forward. Thanks guys.
> >
> > By 'arabized' you mean translated ? Because it _is_ translated :)

Personally, I was precisely asking if BiDi support is there. I know it is

> Approximately a week or so ago Ayman Negm (aka XSnack) noted on IRC
> that he's looking into a patch to curses/slang/?? to add Bidi/Shaping
> (he noted that he has resorted to lots of trial-n-error), I've also
> heard that there is a patch already floating about but its author is
> hot-n-heavy into finals at the moment (sorry, I can't access my other
> machine to pull down the necessary info).
> Ayman, you out there ?
> All these details can (and should) be gotten and coordinated from the
> folks on #debian-boot (irc.freenode.net).

Probably that is the end of the topic for me. As I don't use Debian (currently)
- I don't have it installed - and I don't have irc connection - I am behind a
firewall - I wouldn't be able to participate much.

I was thinking about helping in testing bidi in slang, and probably developing,
but if the problem is packaging then, well..

Muhammad Alkarouri