Re: CUPS testing - With harakat!!!

From: abdulhaq <al-arabeyes at alinsyria dot fsnet dot co dot uk>
good news, the reference file ar_utf8 is sometimes showing harakaat in the
right place though not always by any means. However, there are some problems,
amongst other things sometimes the alif of hamzat alwaSl is missing. I'll
email you the .ps file it's generated.

the bidi algorithm flips the harakat before the char not after, (as far as i Remember)
with PuTTY (which drops all composing chars) i didnt do anything about it. now
with CUPS, i'll look into it.
about hamzet al wasl (0x671), its not included in the font.

Also, and this may be a problem in the reference file, hamzat ulwaSl in
alfaatiHa is showing as hamzat ulqaT` maftooHa in alHamd and hamzat ulqaT`
maksoora in ihdinaa .

didnt understand that, will look at the .ps file to see what you mean.

The file from aljazeera worked to an extent but then caused a segmentation
fault. It may be as a consequence of me removing the part of the patch you
suggested be removed.

oops, the part to be removed, should only be removed if the cupsd works and
does not terminate. i forgot to mention that.
you shouldnt remove it abdulhaq. keep it there and try again, see if it crashes
again.

thanks for taking the time to test.

ak.