Re: planet arabeyes?

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> >From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
> >--- ahmed el-helw <ahmedre at cc dot gatech dot edu> wrote:
> > > i was just wondering whether there is a discussion about starting a
> > > planet arabeyes site, similar to the myriad of other planets out
> > > there... but then again; i don't know how many of us developers have
> > > development weblogs?  if there are a bunch of us that do, i think that'd
> > > be kinda neat, but what do you guys think?
> >
> >Well, let's see a show of hands on how many people weblog their development
> >and are willing to partake in such a thing.  I for one haven't done that in
> >the past as I tend to personally view it as rather time-consuming.  I've
> >never kept a diary (just wasn't raised that way I guess :-) but know of a
> >couple of people that keep consistent Blogs (or weB-logs).
>
> can you elaborate a little about this ? whats a planet arabeyes ? and
> how is that different than www.openarabia.org ??

The two have nothing in common (OpenArabia.org is not yet complete - far
from it - and has nothing to do with Arabeyes per se).  The "planet" that
Mr El-Helw noting is a collection of various developer's development blogs
(as far as I understood it and I could be wrong :-).  Its a diary, if you
will, of the developers and what they worked on and what they did/accomplished
on a daily basis written and kept by the various developers themselves.  It
fosters a sense of community and gives readers a better understanding of what
developers have done in the past and how they tackle things, etc.

Sorry for the very non-technical talk, but I didn't bring it up :-)