Re: Font help/PostScript problem

From: abdulhaq <al-arabeyes at alinsyria dot fsnet dot co dot uk>

character from the other set is required. I'll email you a postscript file of
mine that sets up an encoding for an arabic font at the start of the
postscript file (using the Baghdad Type 1 font).

can i mail you 2 identical .ps files, one has the arabic displayed and in the other there is no arabic displayed... thats the new problem ! letters are reordered successfully, but not displayed although the encoding is there, and the font is embedded, glyph names are identical in both encoding and font !!! they dont even appear as boxes, there is absolutely nothing.

Regarding creating a font with 0x6000 and 0xFE70 combined, why not create two
Type 1 fonts with the utility and then combine them using something like
pfaedit (fontforge)?

can you, or anyone else help with that ?? i can mail anyone the converted .pfa fonts :-))

shokran abdullhaq, you've given me tons of info :-)

ak.