Re: i18n bug regarding Arabic-Indic numbers needinfo.

ביום ראשון, 2 במאי 2004, 07:49, נכתב על ידי Munzir Taha:
> Diego, please be more clear. I am not saying it here because I want to brag
> regarding a fixed issue that I just reported. Still I am not sure whether
> your solution is a hack or a neat fix. I am saying it here because I want
> people who said it's a hack and this problem should be solved in glibc to
> come and argue about it now. I also don't know whether you followed a
OK. What I did was translating the string sent to pppd form kppp. A user
reported to me that it does work.

> thread here before. Afterall, everyone should know about any Arabic related
> problem that's fixed so he won't waste time duplicating the work.
If anyone with an arabic keyboard layut (and the digits variable) and a modem
can test it, I would appreciate it.

> I really didn't like your reply but let's hope it's a misunderstanding!
brrrrrr.... now I will need to be serious when I reply to your mails...
buh... :( or is it ;) ?

Now seriously, I wrote to kde-core-devel that I had a fix for that bug, and I
am going to commit it, I got a green light. I also got a report in private
about this working, but I need to be honest, I am not satisfied with this
report, since it was someone who had to setup his kb layout. I would be
happier is some "native" user will test my patch.
I committed it to the branch, I still need to port it to HEAD.

(it will be on kppp 3.2.3 and when I find some minutes, I will patch also the
next KDE version, 4 or 3.3, whatever KDE will decide to go).

.. and still... please do open the bug reports. I will look nicer in the
changelog of the versions. I really don't need the voting, but if I fail to
fix that bug, you may need to vote to get it done by someone else (or finally
get a QT guru there... you^H^H^H we need it).

Talking about it... I saw that your "todo" regarding QT/KDE and IMHO it is too
small. What do you think about adding some new stuff?
http://kde.org/il/bidibugs.html
(I think the kopete issue is fixed. I need to clear that). If you have more
bugs, tell me I will add this to the list.

--

diego, kde-il translation team

Free MS-Office replacement for most platforms
http://www.openoffice.org/