ITL - Prayer Time

Salam Alikum,

I'm trying to get prayertime api (CVS Snapshot 05/02/2004 on Suse9.1) working but the hours are not comming out right.

./ipraytime --latitude 42.02870000 --longitude -93.63880000 --utcdiff -6 --dst 1 --end --file ./def

Also when I define the lat and long in a file it ends up giving me wierd numbers, and for some reason It won't take the method flag from the prompt.

Setting in my defination file:

City: Ames, IA
AngleMethod: 4
SeaLevel: 317 #(1003 Feet)

For the hours it gives me the right time for Zhur when I compare it to http://www.islamicfinder.org/
but when I compare the time to http://soundvision.com/ it is off by 4 minutes.. but soundvision and islamicfinder.org are both off from each other.. but both of them have the right sunrise time.. which I compared to USGS sunrise times and www.wunderground.com sunrise times. ??

Also I looked at this site http://www.ummah.net/astronomy/saltime/ in it the first formula adds (eot/60) while in the prayer time getThur() method you are subtracting.

For the EOT I get the method as it is described at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equation_of_time but for finding out sun's declination I can't exactly get my head around it, can someone please explain.

Also I read that division by 15 should not be used if you are going to transfer deg to hour.. instead you should use 15.04107. Can someone please confirm.
http://www.stjarnhimlen.se/comp/riset.html

Just a sugestion, I think it might be better to write RAD_TO_DEG in a standard format. A * (180/PI); instead of A / (PI/180.0); Also it be great if you can pass in the seaLevel from prompt.

--
Umer Farooq
Octadyne Systems

LOOKING FOR A USED CAR IN IOWA VISIT: http://www.IowaMotors.com

WARNING: ------------------------------- The information contained in this document and attachments is confidential and intended only for the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any other use of the information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this document by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this document and attachments without making any copy of any kind.