[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Kuran for Java v0.06 realeased (not kidding -> 01 April)
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Kuran for Java v0.06 realeased (not kidding -> 01 April)
- From: Riyad Preukschas <rpreukschas at web dot de>
- Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 02:11:35 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113
today I made another step in developing a Quran application.
This app is fully written in Java and uses the arabeyes.org Quran
project's data files (although I must admit I applied tiny modifications
to them, see readme.txt for more information).
It supports navigation through the Quran text and language switching.
The point I'm most proud of is: recitation is working.
The app was tested on a 700Mhz machine with 384MB RAM, Windows XP and
You can find the file to download at:
You just have to unzip the file, go into the bin directory and run the
I hope you enjoy it.
- App uses WinXP font (don't know whether win2k has the Traditional
- Preparing for audio output is slow, because the .spx files are
converted to .wav files and then being played.
- Temporary files (i.e. quran_<number>.tmp) are not deleted when app
- I don't yet know whether it works on linux.
btw: I created one of those small website banners for arabeyes.org,
because I could not find any on arabeyes.org.
Look at the result:
With white background: http://kuran.sourceforge.net/ae_logo.png
With transparent background:
btw2: All links referring to http://mhdyousif.hypermart.net/<whatever>
urls on the arabeyes Quran project's site are not working.