[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: BoCon - when ? <!-- s/Bo/Bi/ -->
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: BoCon - when ? <!-- s/Bo/Bi/ -->
- From: Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:04:11 +0100
On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 21:47, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> BiCon is almost ready for an initial release. Just that I've got
> a bug in bconsole to fix before release. I'm working on it.
> Other issues:
> * I can't see where the name abicon comes from?
Well, the idea is:
- bicon is the executable, that gives bidirectionality
- abicon is a script that loads keymap and font before bicon
If bicon was (a BIdirectional CONsole) then abicon is A BIdirectional
I did not mean arabic bicon certainly if that's what you mean. (now that
you ask, hmm)
> * bin/bicon should be removed and the functionality should be
> added to the abicon. I try to do this too.
yes, I just didn't check the options. if you can do that for me..
> * In the long run I like bicon to install the keymaps and fonts
> in the distros location for these. Under Fedora it's somewhere
> under /lib.
Sure, let this for the next (beta) version. And I will make an rpm, in
> * We better update the keymaps and send them upstream to the
> kbd maintainers. The Persian maps needs to be updated before
The Arabic maps also need revision. Anybody can do that for us, please?