[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PuTTY Testing
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: PuTTY Testing
- From: Omar Abo-Namous <merlin12345 at gmx dot de>
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:01:30 +0100
- Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:01:30 -0000
nice work Ahmad,
tested it and it's working nicely. Some points:
1. cursor stays left, when typing arabic, should this be so?
2. i'm having still problems deleting single alphabets, it kinda deletes a whole
bidi is working just fine, if it wasn't for the cursor, which is a little bit
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:20:58 +0000, ahmad khalifa wrote:
> helo all.
> at last, i can say that PuTTY can does its own shaping, and Bidi.
> Bidi is done by my Implementation of the Bidi algorithm, i have
> updated it to do Mirroring, and dont seem to have any bugs left.
> (although some might arise from mirroring).
> it uses a compressed table of character types.
> mirroring code is really really horrible, anyone care to change it.?
> anyway, i tested it and seem to get 100% Bidi Compliance,
> anyone care to correct me ?
> shaping should work 100% also...
> there are 2 patches in cvs, 'arabic_putty.patch' which does
> shaping and flipping(no BIDI). and 'putty.arabic' which does
> shaping and Bidi.
> in cvs you'll also find my implementation of the Bidi Algorithm
> mentioned above, its akbidi.h and akbidi.c (bad name huh?)...
> patches and akbidi are here...
> the .exe is here
> some old screen shots are here
> comments or feedback or hints or anything please...
> nadim: how about another ping for Simon...
> The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*
> Developer mailing list
> Developer at arabeyes dot org
Omar Abo-Namous, merlin12345 at gmx dot de on 23.03.2004