[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: FriBidi's license (was - my Bidi...)
- To: Development Discussions <developer at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: FriBidi's license (was - my Bidi...)
- From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh at sharif dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:55:15 +0330
- Cc: Fribidi Discussion List <fribidi-discuss at lists dot sourceforge dot net>
- Organization: Sharif FarsiWeb Inc
On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 19:39, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> by using or even writing our own Bidi
/me is very shocked to hear that!
Why in hell did we spend those many hours working on FriBidi's 100%
Unicode compatiblity if one will still need to write a new bidi engine
for many free software applications?
That's something to think about. I seriously believe we should change
the license to a more liberal license, and the Putty case is proof
enough. We should consider asking the opinion of GNU people of course,
as I don't want to lose the GNU package status.
IIRC, we at least had one contributor who was against relicensing his
work (can't remember whom). Is there anyone else?