[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Long Live Owen Taylor
- To: C Bobroff <irina at u dot washington dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Long Live Owen Taylor
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs dot toronto dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:56:05 -0500
- Cc: otaylor at redhat dot com, developer at arabeyes dot org, Persian Computing List <persiancomputing at lists dot sharif dot edu>
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, C Bobroff wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > * Pango can correctly render Arabic harakats
> You're talking about Arabic here so that's fine but don't forget when
> testing Persian, you should test with presence of lots of ZWNJ's. The
> presence of ZWNJ seems to cause the browser to not be able to calculate
> where to put the harakat and they end up randomly strewn about. At least
> that's what's been observed with Mozilla and also on Mac's.
> I can't say for sure if ZWNJ is the culprit but it appears to be so. You
> of course know more about this than me.
Fortunately Pango has been supporting ZWNJ and proper placement
of both marks and cursor. The two named features are new.