Re: Vim patches

On Tuesday - 15.June.2004 [22:45:33 +0200],
 Bram Moolenaar (Bram at moolenaar dot net) wrote:

 > Nadim -
 >
 > For Vim 7 I plan to do a bit of refactoring.  Shifting code around,
 > changing global variable names, reorganizing docs, etc.  This will break
 > many old patches.  Thus I first want to include most of the patches that
 > I received in the past.

I believe everything we've sent had been incorporated into 6.2 and nothing
new has surfaced and/or have been worked on.

 > But some of these patches are quite old.  Thus I'm now asking around if
 > the patch is still to be included and/or if there is an updated version
 > of the patch.

As noted, once you accepted the patches into 6.2 - I (or anyone else as far
as I know) have not being actively working on any new code.

 > I don't know yet which patches I will include.  This mainly depends on
 > how complete the patch is.  For example, is documentation also updated?
 > And whether there is a risk of causing new problems.  A test in
 > src/testdir helps.

Bram, I'm confused.  Are you reconsidering the inclusion of patches that have
already been included in 6.2+ (or is this more a of a generic letter to all
that have contributed in the past) ?  If so then we absolutely need that code
to be there in newer VIM releases and yes the documentation, help and various
supporting files were indeed very much upto date when the patches were accepted
and as noted nothing has changed since.

 > For you the item is displaying the search pattern from right to left.
 > Is this still a useful patch?  If so, do you have an update?

No updates, the 6.2 functionality which includes Arabic is very usable for
me and various other people - I'm sure there are oddities here and there
but to be honest neither I nor anyone else has looked into them partly
because they are non-critical and partly due to other more immediate fires
and needs requiring attention.  In short, the Arabic patches that have
been accepted are upto date and are very much in need and demand.

PS: do please CC 'developer' to reach the entire audience of interest.

 - Nadim