Re: New wiki page for QT bugs

Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
3. The dancing effect(tm): This happens for example when I select an
Arabic text in a message I received in kmail or in konquror. Of course
you need to describe it in a better way. I well remember someone
(nadim?) has said something about this somewhere (putty?) before.

yup, it _was_ a problem with 'minibidi'.

I don't understand what you mean. You need to explain it a little.

when you force the string in question to be redrawed rapidly (by simply moving the mouse over the text) and thus the bidi reordering function to
be called many times, ambiguities occur in some weak characters (i.e
punctuation).

try turning bidi reordering off and see if the same problem still exists

im not saying this is a problem with QT, im simply stating my experience
with 'minibidi'

The fix was inexplicable, check the syggestion i made to emacs's.
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/April/msg00220.html

now i know its stupid and some people would argue about operator
precedance being evaluated a certain way, but i _swear_ i fixed it with
a similar technique. maybe when i have some free time and if anyone
wants a demonstration, i'll generate 2 putty .exe

nadim, if you remember the .exe's name that would be great help (eg. putty3.exe)

ak.